Thursday, March 06, 2008

New start at BASF

I used to pass by this cool building called Menara Telekom every morning when i took LRT to college. Everytime i pass by i will stare at it for a moment and in my head I will be like, "those people are so lucky to be working in such a cool place". Never in my mind would i know that the new company BASF that i'm joining in is located there. Boy am i surprised.

First day was really anticipating. Got up extra early, you know, just in case. Always a BIG no-no to be late on the first day at work. Don't ever do that. Registered my temporary pass and id, took the lift and headed to the 25th floor. Recorded my attendance at the reception and wait for my supervisor to bring me in. I waited, and i waited, and i waited..... and i waited after an hour later, my boss finally arrived (haha) and brought me in. You'd be surprised that she wasn't the only one who came in late-2 other supervisors came in after her. Anyway I was brought to my workspace to put down my stuff and my boss took me around the building for a tour. Met my new colleagues: nice and wierd (yes) people.

The interior of the building is jaw-dropping C O O L. I feel like i'm working in a spaceship or spacestation or something. There are 3 levels and the level i'm in is made up of 2 departments- IT and HRS. It is linked by a glass-walled pantry which overlooks the entire KL city including our famous Petronas Twin Towers and KL Tower. The pantry has a glass door which leads to an open-air balcony so big it can place 9 cafe tables for us to hang out and have lunch. And the best thing is my cubicle is located beside the window and the cool view is just beside me. Talk about a great and efficient stress relieveing by just taking a short stare outside the window into the breathtaking scenery and KL city skyline.

Well, according to my schedule my first month will be training based- i'll be studying the HR procedures and workflows plus getting used to my interested stuff- SAP. I got to know that my current jobscope will be wide, really wide. I'll be working as a Human Resource Analyst - cum -payroll transfer - SAP admin -cum- simple internal application developer and Email watchdog. I'm really happy to get to hit the slides and powerpoints again. Missed studying so much since my college days.

Well heads up next month is the beginning of me getting on board in the team, and i already know what to expect. Good Lord have mercy and please guide me.

Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home