Monday, October 01, 2007

GLAY forever

After all these years i still have to admit, GLAY is still the best j rock band i've ever knew. Although i do like other bands as well, they were not as personal as GLAY is to me. GLAY was basically part of my life. Every time i listen back to their songs they never fail to move me and sometimes even makes me cry. They just makes you flash back to your days of adolescence where you were struggling through your high school days full of uncertainly, hardships, friendship, love, ambitious dreams so high where only the sky was the limit, kinda like chasing after the sunset on your bicycle.

Back then i was a nobody. I sucked at school, and everything was hopeless. After listening to GLAY that was the only time where i started to really being committed to something: music. I looked up to them so much that i would imagine that i have 4 big brothers who would always be at my back supporting me. In times where I would be so hurt or so sad or just pondering on my uncertain future, I would lie down on my bed and ponder over them in the posters at my wall while listening to their songs. Somehow their presence will always comfort me that "everything is going to be alright".

That is also the time where I started to improve my guitar playing skills dramatically. I would come back from school everyday without having lunch, throw down my bag, pop in my GLAY cd into the player, plug in my guitar and start practicing their songs as if i'm having some major GLAY concert coming tomorrow while looking at their posters all pinned up all over my room.

The thing that would always impress me even until today is the level of commitment and dedication they put into their work and their songs, which is written sincerely and if you read the translations of their song's lyrics, it somehow relates to you as well.

Come to think of it, I've been a faithful GLAY fan for 6 years. It feels really funny to think back I'm such a crazy GLAY fan back then, anyway they are priceless memories. Thank you Teru, Takuro, Hisashi and Jiro for making that dream happen.

Some pics of my much beloved O-nee san (big brother) Hisashi busy at work and in the radio station hosting his radio programme.


Hisashi hosting his radio program: HISASHI'S CYBER NET CITY FULL METAL MIX .FM


Hisashi busy with some planning.. i wonder what it is^^

Hisashi with a sound engineer in a recording studio in L.A (GLAY lives there by the way)

Some memories of their early days ^&^

http://anime.dvdspecial.ru/Biographies/Photo/glay.jpg

GLAY during their 90's

GLAY
HEAVY GAUGE
GLAY HEAVY GAUGE album


The image “http://www2.hawaii.edu/~atashiro/grpjump.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.


GLAY jumping around

The image “http://www2.hawaii.edu/~atashiro/grpsnow.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Building a snowman during winter. Great team spirit!

The image “http://www2.hawaii.edu/~atashiro/grpplay.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Video shoot of their music video: BE WITH YOU in L.A

http://kawaii-manga.de/jsection/gallery/glay9.jpg

GLAY during their GLAY EXPO '99 live in Makuhari with record-breaking 200,000 attendance

3 Comments:

Blogger Alievz said...

I agree with you,,,
I like GLAY too, because thier costume are so elegant, unique, and they're different with any others J-Rock band which using "harajuku" style in theirs performance,

GLAY's costumme are so simple but elegant,, right?

I have one question, why they don't have a drummer?

12:35 PM  
Blogger kiKa said...

They don't have a drummer because in the early years, they switched a lot of drummers, who kept splitting from the band. It went on until 1995, when they released their second album (or first major album) "Speed pop". By the time, they still had an official drummer. When this one left, they decided to hire a support drummer, who would tour with them, but wouldn't be a part of the band's official line up. Toshi likes to be like that, he works with many different musicians ahd he also has his own solo work. I think Glay feels comfortable with that too.

Just a correction, Glay doesn't live in L.A. Only Takuro has a house there, but he doesn't spend all his time there.

3:39 AM  
Blogger two sides same coin said...

@@ I googled for glay's pictures and came upon your blog. looks like we have things in common! I love Japanese music and am a Christian too :) http://runashii.livejournal.com/

btw im from Singapore

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home