Thursday, December 01, 2005

Hair raising...

Sorry readers... it's been a long time since i've updated my blog. I'm fine, it's just that I'm so busy with my stuffs i hardly have time to post anything here.

first thing is, I've cut my hair...~! finally... it's really hard to believe... even for myself. I've been keeping this hairstyle for almost... i forgot when... but want to give God the glory because it's more than just a haircut and a change of hairstyle itself. It is a breakthrough, spiritually. A strong and firm one.

Still remember that freaky thing that crawls out from the T.V in the movie called 'The Ring'? I basically got influenced by the idea of my hairstyle from that movie. Me, able to look like a ghost... cool... I know i just got to have those "long curtains" to cover myself up... looks and sounds mysterious to me. God knows why, maybe I'll look scary and creepy when i headbang... muahaha *evil screech...

So before i know it, my hair was almost covering my whole face...

...But... practically that hairstyle was more and more unapplicable in my daily life, especially when i have to attend class... i tend to freak people out... my first impression to people were... wierd fellow... especially my parents. They even threatened to disown me if i do not do something about it.

Well, may people tried to talk me into cutting my hair short, but most failed. Actually you can't really convince me to cut my hair, unless you creep on me middle of the night while i'm asleep and cut my "curtains" off.

Then it was when during FCC Bible reading campaign where i came across this verse in I Corinthians 11. 14 : "Do not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" that i felt that God wants that "curtain" to be removed so that i will beam with His glory. I felt the same. The Bible says, we are a walking banner for Jesus. I whouldn't want to lead a new believer into have doubts on my belief that it is not something healthy and will make him end up looking like me *laughs...

So in the end, after a simple prayer of submission to God, i went for a total hair service. Erm... that's so not... me. But heck, i'm done, at least people do complain i kind of look better than them. Well, the world is just so not fair, readers, keep that in mind.

But one thing i believe is God is proud of me. I can be sure of that. Thank you Father for your blessings upon me. And one more thing, that will be the last long hair i'm gonna have for the rest of my life. Cheers.

7 Comments:

Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

habislah... I need time... to go get my hair cut... And I need the money to get it serviced regularly...

5:01 PM  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

uik... why is it that i am speaking as if it's a car??

5:01 PM  
Blogger !+'S N.+ $. ME said...

well well well Desmond, do u remember the Korean Lady Pastor? She told us before regarding the spiritual area. Im not sure are u there or not, And she dont like long hair guy, long nails or colour ur nails in weird colour, For what she see is spiritual things through minister experience. At that time i hardly believe until the situation of Kian Meng, God told me something before the day he go and cut his hair and God reminded me about this pastor. She is straight and people dont like her, but she is a very anoiting person by god so people no choice have to come and minister by her! Anoiting works!

1:52 PM  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

BearBear: What are you trying to say? Long hair is ok as long as there's anointing? Or long hair kills off someone's spiritual life?

As for the Korean Prophetess, she was just weird. I mean, I can understand that she is a prophet of God and stuff, and she really did a lot of miraculous things. But I do have to point out that she is not the Law of God. It could be her personal and cultural preference that she doesn't 'allow' long hair and nail colour.

She even said that the Doulos beaded bangles were a door for the evil spirit to access our lives! So what about the Africans whose cultural attire involves beads and bangles? Their lives are doomed because they wear beads and bangle sand thus shouldn't worship God?

As long as our actions do not cause others to fall, and in the end, when we meet God, we give a good account, I feel that it is enough.

10:26 AM  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Sorry ah Seph, made this comment space a mini-battle fiend pulak...

10:27 AM  
Blogger sephirot said...

it's ok. Well i guess long hair's a disputable issue. But as Christians we should model as someone respectable, especially to non-believers, even they are not convinced by our spiritual lifes they can be convinced that we strive to look respectable and presentable to the society. I'll try not to allow people to have any excuse to say i'm not living up to someone who doesn't carries himself decently.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Ewilly Liew said...

Do not get too carried away by all these disputable matter oh.

Nah... none of them really matter to God, except for your heart.

Just make sure that you continue to live up to God, that's the most important of all.

Hor, kor? :p

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home